When the leaves change color and the weather starts to become a bit chilly many people think that it’s time to put away the outside furniture and prepare to bundle up and stay snug throughout winter inside of the home. These are the people who are missing out on the best time to turn their outdoor space into a winter wonderland filled with everything they can imagine. Fall is the best time of the year to build a deck after all.
Reasons Why You Should Build a Deck in the Fall
- You can choose the best contractors. During the fall season you can take advantage of the “off-season” that occurs when many construction crews aren’t receiving that many jobs which leaves their schedule more open and making them available to complete projects faster in spring or summer.
- Building a deck in fall leads to less of a negative impact on your landscape. During the spring or summer season the weather can range from hot, sweltering days to stormy, rainy days with very little warning. During the winter season the weather is a lot more bearable and the cooler weather dries out the landscape making it easy to build a deck on the yard without causing any significant damage to your property so that when spring rolls around your yard will bounce back greener than ever.
- Get ahead of the crowd with your deck construction. Beat the spring rush by beginning your deck construction early so that by the time spring arrives you will be enjoying your new deck without having to worry about how hot it is when you’re trying to stain your deck or having a construction crew have to cancel a construction day due to bad weather.
- You can take advantage of the predictable weather. Weather during the fall season is a lot more predictable than weather during the spring or summer season. There are a lot less weather issues like thunderstorms that could cause a delay in construction which makes it easier for the construction crew you hire to get the job done within a short amount of time.
- Building in the fall can help you save money. Most construction crews are available year-round even though the demand for construction diminishes during the winter season. Usually during this time many construction crews offer off-season pricing which is lower than the prices they normally charge saving you money that you can use for other things like Ornamental Wood Ties that can add style to any deck while also supporting it.
- It will save you time. If you are planning on using your deck during the summer than the best time to start building your deck is not in March or April because it could be a while before it is finished and you could end up missing out on the ideal moments during the summer to use your deck.
Preparing Your Deck for Fall
If you already have your deck built you will need to make sure that you maintain it and always prepare it for each changing season. The very first step to preparing your deck for fall is by clearing away any potted plants and furniture on the deck. Make sure when you are moving items that you are not sliding them because this can cause splintering and/or scratching or your deck. Inspect your deck for any hazards that may exist from any summer activities you may have done. Check for mildew, pollen or dirt buildup that may have accumulated over the previous season and clean the deck by sweeping any loose leaves and dirt off. You can prevent rot and mildew by using Rot Not ledger caps that prevent moisture from collecting in the boards. If your deck needs a more thorough cleaning then you can use a small amount of deck cleaning product with hot water and mop the area following the instructions. Continue sweeping lightly throughout the Fall season so that trash does not accumulate.
When deciding to plan and install a deck there are many factors to take into consideration. Choosing the best season to build your deck will not only save you money but will also make it so that you can enjoy your deck by the time summer arrives. When it comes to building a deck the sooner you build it, the better so that instead of having to stay indoors and watch your deck be built you will be able to get on it and enjoy all the benefits of your deck by summer. So what are you waiting for? You still have plenty of time to get started building the deck of your dreams.
Contact our friendly representatives for an appointment to get started on building a beautiful, long-lasting deck you will love.